FELINATEKA

FELINATEKA
NEW "SLIS" GEEK

Monday, May 30, 2011

Let's Get Started


After ten years of teaching, I was tired and could not get excited about the upcoming school year. But what was I supposed to do, quit? I began to consider my options; I came up with nothing. Who hires a 45 year old woman with no cutting-edge, extreme, trail-blazing super-technological computer skills?  Nobody. 
So, when all else fails (after praying, begging, and beseeching for Divine Intervention),  I call my mom. She is really smart, she has Ph.D., yeah, that kind of mom. Anyway, she began to ask me questions such as: Where do you spend most of your time, what sort of people do you admire or find interesting, what do you do in your spare time? My answers: libraries, historians, professors and librarians, read.  “Have you ever considered being a librarian?” she asked.  Obviously, I was afraid to face the truth. To be a librarian, you have to go to Grad School. AAH!  Well, the rest is history, no pun intended. I am now officially a “SLIS” first-year geek.                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment